WWOOF is about living and learning lifestyle that provides volunteers hands-on educational and cultural experiences.
WWOOFing is an enjoyable, educational and affordable way to travel and explore what NZ has to offer.
We are always looking for skilled and enthusiastic people to help with veriety of duties: from gardening and landscaping, maintenance and helping running day to day activities at the centre.
If you would like to get involved as a volunteer please get in touch.
Aims, Guidelines and Rules for Wwoofers @ Te Henga Studios:
*to get people working together and learning from one another
*to encourage organic and sustainable living practices as well as cultural exchange
In return for 3 hours of a Wwoofers help, THS provides clean, dry accommodation. Minimum stay at THS is 1 week. Ideally arriving on Monday, having Saturday off.
- Wwoofers are expected to work 3 hours a day, 6 days a week ( Saturday is the day off)
- If the duration of stay is less then 7 days, no days off are allocated ( parts of the arriving and leaving days are to be working days too ) *if any other day off is needed, this has to be arranged clearly at the time of arrival
- Wwoofers can arrange with the host to work longer hours on certain day(s) and “earn” an extra day off
- If the duration of stay is longer than 1 week, the work done during the week will be reviewed and stay approved or terminated – depending on perfromance results.
- Wwoofers are expected to be ready and report for to the THS Supervisor for work at 9am. Days work should be finished by 12 midday, if not agreed otherwise. Some times ( because specific requirements / guests arriving / rain ) the working times might be changed and people will be notified on when report to work at 9am ( if not the evening before).
- Wwoofers are responsible to report back to the Supervisor upon finishing the task given.
- The kitchen with the fridge and the sink and cooking facilities is provided. This area must be cleaned DAYLY - organic waste and general rubbish to be disposed at designated areas. Please note that cleaning after your self is not considered as your “wwoofing hours”.
- Wwoofers have an access to the toilet and the bathroom in the main house 24 hours. They are allowed to use the washing machine on every Thursday afternoon. Wwoofers must use ONLY biodegradable cleaning products.
Wwoofers are to adhere to the same general rules as the residents or visitors:
The policy of no drugs excessive partying, alcohol, smoking - to be upheld at all times.
Common areas not to be used before 7am and after 10.30pm, without the consent.
Failing to comply to any of the above principles will result in being asked to leave THS space immediately.
If, for whichever reason - “outside of ordinary” , specific details an exchange, such as: specific projects undertaken, specific needs of THS or wwoofers - need to be discussed when the WWOOFer initially contacts the host. Each party needs to make their expectations clear and agree on the terms of stay before, or at the time the WWOOFer arrives to THS to avoid disappointment, embarrassment and uncomfortable situations arising.